I’ve had a blast decorating the house last week! Our place is not very big, and it’s pretty cluttered, so I had to improvise. But it turned out lovely, so I thought I shared it with you. Here are some easy ideas that you can quickly put together before Christmas:
1. Toy cars + trees from the craft store = lovely miniature decorations. Just imagine how happy those miniature families will be!
2. No Christmas tree? No problem. I wrapped a tripod in Christmas lights, and topped it with a puppet. Bonus: make the puppet’s nose red like a reindeer’s, or stitch some angel wings if you want to keep it “classic”.
3. Fill a big jar (and I mean big… this is 5l I think) with nuts and let guests eat them as they like. This also helps you remember you to use/eat them.
4. This guy looked a little cold, so I made him felt gloves and a scarf in about 5 minutes. He seems cozier now.
5. I tied this package with shoe laces – I’m thinking the receiver can use them for actual shoes if they like! The pictured gift tag can be downloaded for free here, along with seven others.
Easy gingerbread recipe
- 600g flour
- 300g brown sugar
- 100g butter
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate
- 200 g honey
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
Mix everything together in a large bowl, then knead the dough until smooth. Let it cool in the fridge for a few hours.
Roll the dough out, until it’s a bit less than 1 cm thick. Cut it with cookie cutters. Place the gingerbread in a tray lined with baking paper, not too close together. Bake for about 15-20 minutes at 160°C (320°F).